Get ready for your visit!
A special section on the fairs, produced in partnership with Le Journal de Montréal, is inserted in the Sunday edition before the event. This special section also serves as The National Education Fair Show Guide. It will provide you with the detailed list of exhibitors, floor plan, description of special activities and informative articles.
Do not forget to get it in Le Journal de Montréal!
Before going to the fair
- Get a copy of the Show Guide inserted in the Sunday edition before the event of Le Journal de Montréal.
- Consult regularly the section Exhibitors in the Spotlight and don't forget to visit their website to learn more about them.
- Visit regularly the fair website to monitor development of the event.
- Take a few minutes to complete the questionnaires "Quel est ton domaine?".
- Identify the exhibitors that interest you first and get ready to meet them.
- Write down the information you are looking for and the questions for which you want to get answers.
- Check the schedule of presentations and demonstrations to identify thoses that interest you.
Once at the fair
- Allow a minimum of two to three hours for your visit.
- Go to the Info-Career Desk to meet with students in Career Development Program at UQÀM and professional Guidance Counselors who are there to help you in your process of exploration.
- Consult the giant-size floor plan and list of exhibitors at the entrance of the fair to locate the exhibitors you want to meet at first and to plan your itinerary.
- During your visit, give yourself a few moments of rest by including a stop at the Documentation Centre. This rest area is equipped with tables and chairs, and visitors can browse through the literature made available for them by exhibitors.
- Bring a reusable bag to put all the information collected during your visit.
- Be proactive! Exhibitors are there specifically to meet you. Take advantage of this unique opportunity.
After the fair
- Sort the documentation collected on site.
- Take time to review the documentation you have brought back and to visit the various websites suggested.
- Make a list of the exhibitors that particularly interested you.
- Build an action plan based on your goals.
- Pursue your process of exploration by subscribing, for example, to newsletters of the exhibitors you have targeted.
- Keep abreast of developments in the areas you've targeted.